About Me

My photo
L.I.F.E. - Love yourself, Invest in others, Find your purpose, and Excel in it

HE CALLED ME A DECEITFUL, LYING, ADULEROUS, WHORE

 HE CALLED ME A DECEITFUL, LYING, ADULEROUS, WHORE I was already saved and baptized and yet even I couldn't escape the harsh names that ...

Friday, January 15, 2021

A MOTHER'S LOVE

 This note is in preparation to my daughter Destiny's 16th birthday on August 25th:

Mother and daughter relationships are complex because the daughter looks to her mother as a role model of what a woman is. As she grows up and sees another woman who lives their lives differently, she chooses between imitating her mother or another. As an adolescent, she may come to look down on her mother and think that other woman are much better. Of course she is not a fully grown woman, so she does not understand the challenges and choices that her mother faced or faces. It is only when she herself becomes a woman that she can fully appreciate her mother.

 Because I'm Your Mom

Because I am your mom, I loved you before you were ever seen

I thanked God for this miracle, this little human being

So exciting, yet fragile it all seemed to be

Hearing your little heart beat inside of me

 

Because I am your mom, no pain was too great for me to bear

Now you and I have joys and pains to share

And so into this world your life began each breath now on your own

One day we will look back at just how much you’ve grown

 

Because I am your mom, I worried for you within my every bone

I finally let go of your little hand to take your first steps on your own

 

Because I am your mom, I showed you through the years

To care about others and their feelings and the things that they hold dear

 

Because I am your mom, I taught you right from wrong

Understanding that your faith in God will forever keep you strong

Showing you that being your own person is the only tool you’ll need

When morals and values are your foundation to succeed

 

Because I am your mom, I loved you enough to also be your friend

I would be right there in ways that no one could see or ever comprehend

When there was no way you thought I could ever understand

There I would be, non-judging and willing to lend a hand

 

Because I am your mom, God’s gift to me was you

As my daughter I will always love you and promise to be true

I thank you for so many things and will try to never make you sad or blue

 

Because I am your mom, and one-day you will be a mother too

I pray you never forget all that you’ve been through

You are my daughter and in my image I hope that you are proud to be

By the grace of the Lord you were created, and then you came to be

I love you mhy darling DESTINY and pray that you never forget whose you are (God's), who you are (God's child), and what you mean to me (Everything)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive